Why Wan

Some of my friends keep asking me: 'Why Wan?'
Well, it's not the matter of me wanna preserve my identity as a Wan instead, I prefer Wan as I believe that it sounds more formal.

Formal? Why do I need to have a nickname which sounds more formal?

Ok. I know myself better than anybody else. No matter how strict I wish to be with my students, I will never be one. I want them to acknowledge the barrier between them and I. I wanna make them realise that no matter how cool I am with them (budgett), I am still their teacher and they need to give me their respect.

Miss Alisa sounds to me as a cherish and easy going teacher yet Miss Wan brings different connotation. Miss Wan, to me, represents a teacher who is a little bit difficult to have fun on and stern. Yes, I want my students to have that perceptions toward me. Strange enough?

That's my only reason for urging my students and colleagues (budgett utk kedua kalinya) to call me Miss Wan instead of Miss Alisa.

No matter how shxt life is, keep going. Well, shxt happens. Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman