First Week

Finally, I am done with my first week of my practical. How was it? I think it was hectic. I started teaching on the second day of my practical and I was damn busy since then. 

My students? They are lovely little bunch. Most of them are boys and they are a little bit playful in the classrooms but lucky me that they do listen and do their work. I am impressed with some of my students' work. I expect their handwriting to be next to worst but theirs are next to wonderful. Gulp! Girls? In total (I teach two Form 5 classes) there are approximately 10 of them. Yes, they are the minority but they always get things right. 

I can bet that many would be pleased if they are given the chance to teach this wonderful group of students. I  am really pleased with the fact that I am fated to teach them but the fact that I am never good in English depressed me. They deserve to be taught by a better practical teacher. One who can use English fluently and accurately. Poor them to have me.

The look in their eyes informs me how motivated they are to learn from me but I cant do much. I cant taught them to be excellent speakers of English because I am not an excellent speaker. What I can do is to help them to help themselves. All of them have potential to shine. They just need another step ahead and I believe that my role is to help them to take another step ahead.

Maybe I am too early to love them but I cant help but find them lovely. I promise to myself that I'll work on my English, study hard and do my best to help them. 

I was once a student and the feeling of not knowing which step to take next was damn frustrating.


Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman