LEC 2012 @ USIM

Assalamualaikum and hello there ;)

I just got back from USIM. Though most of the time I had no one to talk with, I seemed to enjoy the conference. It was nice to have the experience of having a friendly chat with either Associate Professor or Professor. They treated me like I am one of 'them'. The 'them' is defined as the people who have at about the same educational level as them as most of the presenters and the audiences of the conference were people with at least are doing their phd. They might have mistaken me as a phd student. Hehe. 

The organiser placed my slot at the end of the conference (this might be due to my topic). At first I felt good about my study but 5 minutes before my turn, I felt that it is rubbish. Why? Because of the reliability of the researcher which is me. The study was conducted when I was in my second year degree whilst almost all of the presenters were presenting the paper for their phd. There is a gap, a wide gap, between my educational level and theirs. 

When I was about to present my study, I talked to myself that if they did said that my study is rubbish, I could learn from it and if I lost my words during the presentation, it's alright because I will only meet them once which is now. So I presented my paper as well as I could and alhamdullilah, all went good.

Couple of people came to me and congratulated me. They said that I can do more with my study. I replied by saying, 'Yes, I will do more. Thanks'.

Now I would like to thank a couple of people who had worked really hard for me to make this conference a success.
  • First, for sure, my family. Without them, I wont be here whatelse presenting the study in USIM.
  • Second, Dr Siva, an IPDA's lecturer. The only lecturer in IPDA who has faith in my study.
  • Third, friends. For their supportive texts.
  • Fourth, him. For sleeping and been busy for all week long ;p
  • Also, to you, dear readers for your support.



Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman