Pit Stop

This post was written on Sept 21, 2013.
Sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak,
When you feel weak, you feel like you just wanna just give up,
But you gotta search within you, try and find that inner strength,
And just pull that shit out of you, and get that motivation not to give up,
And not be a quitter no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face.

Till I collapse- Eminem

There are countless events in my life when my negative inner voice implored:
'Babe, I'm tired. That's it, let's just give up.'

At the culmination of my self-defeat or my depression, I also do things which people called as acts of giving up. As I am bad at handling my emotions, I spend a week or two crying and hiding under my comforter, skipping meals, brainstorming homicide notes and writing a new diary entry with advanced cursing verbs dedicated to either myself or some other people. Oh, what a typical immature girl! However, the funny activities don't go any further than that amount of time as frequently, after I have had enough of everything, with a guffaw, I would get back on the track and shout, 'Watch me shine, Life!'. 

Earnestly, I don't call the above as giving up but having a pit stop. Yeah, a pit stop. An important stop to take on fuel and service the components of life. A stop which helps to insights into decisions that one had made or tragedies that were beyond one's control. A stop to reflect on the whys and improve on the 'I could have done better'.


Dear wonderful readers who have a lot to give up,
I have also seen worst days, I have also witnessed tragedies and I have also experienced plagues but, take my words, giving up isn't the best option that one have. Why? I have 5 reasons to it:

  1. You must be the root to change the hostname
  2. It's not you, it's them.
  3. You have a life to survive.
  4. 'If you never try, you'll never know.'
  5. Things have to get worse before they get better.

Too often, people give up on something before they even try their luck. Those are the people who are trapped in their own imagination boundaries. They hate a situation, they try to change it but since they are critical thinkers, they calculate their wins and loses. However, they are doing injustice to themselves for they make themselves believe that they, are destined to be the one losing.

If it is a person or a relationship you are giving up on, let yourself free from the hassles.


However, if it is your life you are giving up on, give it another thought. Have few pit stops if possible. Just don't give up on your life.


Why? Cause chances are, you are steps away from success. And between success and failures, there are only a few steps away.


Never give up on your life. Please.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman