Do You Stop at Failure?

I have this quote on my workspace:

I could spend hours staring at this whilst letting all the memories of my failure flash before me. I cannot tell which one has the biggest impact in my life yet every each of it helps me to become the person I am today.

 
Failure.
Too frequent, it's failure that stops us from proceeding with what we are good at. It is not because we have became less capable than we were before, it is merely because we could not stand the pressure and the tense of failing.

Besides that we take failure as an innate quality, we let all the negative self-talks and thoughts such as; 'Why me ...', 'This is God's punishment ...', 'Only if ...', and 'I should have ...' creep in our heads. Bad enough, as it is a real struggle to shush them away, we let them reside in our heads as long as they wish to. Then, we get complacent (and everything starts to fall). Most of the time, we stand the belief that time heals.

Perhaps time does heal but time also flies. The time spent on living with fear of failing without even trying to shush them away is a wasted time. 



Personally, the biggest fear in life is:
when you realise that it is okay to fail, it is actually too late to even try to get back on track again.






I was writing this to persuade those who have stopped at failure to call it an end, put on the armour again and get back to where you had stopped. I've failed thousands time but stopping at failure doesn't make any good to anyone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman