Character and Betrayal

People who don't break character when they're betrayed, experts say, often have something else that defines them, like children, religion, a purpose in life; others who lose themselves entirely in their romantic relationships—and from what is observed, high-achieving women seem surprisingly prone to this—are more vulnerable to losing control.



When I was betrayed, I attempted to break my character and transformed myself into being the meanest and the most wicked woman ever lived in the betrayers' life. I study human and women hence to be one is not such a big deal. More, I had nothing else to lose as I have lost a lot in a game I did not agree on playing.

Reminiscing my 10 months of misery, cursing words, harsh realities and heartbreaking nonsense, I am glad that I have successfully held myself from breaking my character and from being the meanest and the most wicked woman in the life of the people not worth mentioning. 

Feeling betrayed and fooled, every time that I am distorted with rage, there are things that stop me. They are the things that define me. 



What define me? The answer besides my family, Islam and my purpose in life is the fact that: 




Yes, nothing lasts forever be your troubles or your happiness. It is hard not to throw tantrum when you notice the betrayer is throwing a good party after handing you a box of misery. It kills knowing that it only takes days for the betrayer to replace you with another girl. It hurts realising that the tales you once created for the betrayer are now retold by him to wow another her. It is upset to listen to the fine lies told by a group of people who do not have a clue with the hell that you had to go through. 

Been experiencing all that, I know how depressing it is to be hurt, cheated and betrayed. I understand exactly why some women choose to break their characters after being betrayed. And I can relate to why many of them are high achievers. The high achievers are very confident that they are capable of being the pain in the ass and that they could bring enough suffrage in the life of their betrayers. Being high achievers, when they can dream, they actually have a strong faith that they can do it ... and they do it. 

 


However, losing your interesting character for a bunch of people who have betrayed you is an absolute waste of time and energy. Whilst you are losing your character, they are building theirs; perhaps even stronger than before. Well, your loss is their gain.

Within the depressed months, at some points, I might become so depressed that I broke some bits of my character. However, realising that it is harmful for me, I sojourn myself not to keep breaking my character for I will lose a lot more. The things that I might lose such as public respect will only harm my good reputation and years built professionalism.  

  




Even without breaking one's character, we; the one who are betrayed, have lost a lot. We have lost our precious time spent on and believing wrong people, have lost ample golden opportunities for the sake of unappreciative people, have lost a lot of our energy on failed as well as not working relationships and a lot more.  

The list might go on and on till never but after losing a lot, why does it seem like we are working so hard to lose even more by breaking our precious character? Why?



Guys, let us try hard not break our character but build instead. 
Let us take every step that we need to strengthen our character.
Let us be glad that the toxic people (the betrayers) are now out of sight.



Now, let us be thankful that we are betrayed for being betrayed helps us to strengthen our character and be a way better person than we have ever been.


With that, my betrayers, I thank you.
 


Have you, through wind, thanked your betrayers? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman