Death

 When it is time, it is time.

 

Every day and night, human be a Muslim or a believer of other religions prepare themselves for their way home in the best way that they know. Too frequent, we are busy preparing ourselves for our journey that we almost forget about the journey of the livings that we are to leave behind. 

When we, human, are born to earth, we are assigned by God different roles; some are major and some are minor. Both are important but the major counts the most. The major to me are the roles as a Muslim, a daughter/son and a sister/brother if applicable.

I am born to earth to be a daughter of a wonderful married couple and later become the eldest of four. As the first symbol of love of this couple, I grow old with love, expectations and responsibilities. The three are well-blended in me that when Malaikat reminds me of death, the first that pops up in my head besides of my deeds and conducts is the lives I shall leave behind.

I weep and keep questioning myself:
Have I done enough that I can still keep my promises even though I'm no longer here? If my parents are to follow me, would there be anyone who are capable enough to help my siblings to physically, emotionally, spiritually, professionally and financially develop? If my siblings are to argue with each other, will there be a wise someone to keep them cool? For sure, God will keep after them for me but have I tried hard enough to facilitate their lifes after I've gone home so I can rest in peace?

If Izrail is to take you home today, do you have anything to offer your family or loved ones as a token of appreciation for bearing you and moulding you into a fine Muslim? You boast on how much you love and you care but are your actions today proving your claims?



This post is not written to promote any life insurance agency or whatsoever. It is just a short reminder on have we done enough to leave the love of our life for the eternal life. Honestly, I'm writing this because at this very moment, I'm disappointed with myself as I have totally nothing to offer except some memories in which of not much help for my parents and siblings in a long run. 



If you have a plan, do it today since:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman