Choose

I was passing through my colleague's table when I saw this book on his desk:

Though I was in a rush, I stopped to flick through the book before reaching him to let me have the book for the night. And yeah, he lend me this and I've managed to read it from cover to cover by now. Yeayyy!

This is a good book which provides brief explanations on the greatest power that humans own which is: the power to choose. Though it is only a 55 pages book, it has, to an extent, influenced my living perception.

A day ago, I took every shit that happens in my life as God's punishment. Though there are tragedies which I could simply blame others for my misfortune, I keep telling myself that part of it happened because I've sinned a lot yet this book helps me to realise the total opposite.  
We must realize that there is nothing outside of ourselves to hurt us. God doesn't hurt us. God loves us. Therefore what can hurt us - only our own bad choosing.


Yeah, God do loves me, a lot.
He found you lost and gave you guidance. (93:7)
He found me ;) Auww.


Throughout my life, my frequent bad choosing has resulted me much hurt and pain. As a consequence, I always take life negative as little did I know:
When you say 'I cant afford it'- everything stops. The hope is gone - the mind becomes dulled - the spirit is gone - then we choose to believe that nothing can be done about it. This great power - the power to choose will give you the necessary hope, the necessary spirit, the necessary courage to carry on and get things from life that you really want.

For things to get better, I need to first be more positive as it might be very helpful to change my ways of thinking for:
If we choose to change our inner thoughts - our outer conditions must change. That's the law. When you choose thoughts of 'I can't afford it' - I'll never get it - 'I am the one of the blessed poor- you are blocking the pathway to your good. Choose your thought - you can- change your thought - you can- use your imagination in the beginning if necessary. You will never regret it. Things will begin to happen for you. changes will come into your life, such as you never believed possible. You will truly gain a new lease on life. 

Further, the book is persuasive enough to stop me from keep being a very pessimist kidult as:
This one man chooses to believe that nothing is too good to last. Something good can happen - just as easily as something bad.


Let us choose to believe That something good can happen Why must we always use the old model -That something bad will happen?
Keep thinking good thoughts. Keep thoughts that will help you, not harm you. It is important because through this greatest power- the power to choose - life becomes what you think and choose it to be.

Also, having to deal with a lot of unexpected events in life actually has influenced me to stop being a 'well-prepared' me as I failed to see the point of being prepared if A happens, if B happens. Yet this book holds me back:
He chose to believe in preparedness. At least we will make life reasonable and enjoyable for those around us. At least we will not be responsible for bringing unnecessary trouble to those around us.

Gosh! Honestly, this is a worth reading book. Take this book from book store's bookshelf. Have it with you in your bags. Read it whilst waiting for buses, trains or dates. And may a better day begin. Trust me, this 55 pages book inspires!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman