Respect

Every now and then, when I have to deal with my clients (I frequently call my students my clients as I am prone to run education like a business), I always keep in mind that I need to respect them. No matter how absurd their jokes are or how notorious they have been, I hold myself back and try my very best to keep giving them all my respect. I have sometimes been viewed by friends and by senior teachers as being too 'soft' or too flexible with my students yet I have my own teaching principles which one of them happens to be respecting my clients as human and more prominently, as children. In my degree years, I had spent hours on analysing UN Convention on the Rights of Children and my favourite article is:


Article 28:
All children and young people have a right to a primary education, which should be free. Wealthy countries should help poorer countries achieve this. Discipline in schools should respect children's human dignity. Young people should be encouraged to reach the highest level of education they are capable of. 


Whilst my degree years have successfully thought me to respect my clients, my recent life experiences have thought me to respect human's decision. I take myself as fortunate since I am able to experience and learn a lot in narrow confines.

As everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everyone is also entitled to their own decision. A decision which may sound either folly or poor to you is still called a decision thus need to be respected. Decision is a big word and many have spent hours, months or even years to decide or make a decision be on career, life and love.    


From my observation, people respond to decision differently depending on the superiority of the decision-maker. For instance, when you ask your mom for her permission to go out for a date (when you really want to go), she decides that you should not and that you should stay at home doing your SPM revision. Though it might break you to pieces, though you think your mom has made the worst decision for not letting you go, you can still compromise with the decision by saying that: 'Well, Mom knows best'. 

More, when you work extremely hard for a goal, you burn your mid-night oils, you keep your hobby aside just to have your goal in you arms ASAP, then God through some people decide to let you down, you can still be positive about it. No matter how much you weep and cry, deep in you, you keep yourself strong as you firmly believe that the Almighty God is the best planner.
And they planned and Allah planned and Allah is the best planner  (3:54) (8:30)

However, I discover that it is a struggle for one to compromise with what-you-consider a folly or poor decision made by an inferior be siblings, friends or partners. Though that I never consider one's decision either folly or poor, I also experience a hard time dealing with some decisions made by some people. However, I keep telling myself:


Dear readers,
Even though you may experience a very difficult time dealing with a decision made by someone who you think could make a better decision, respect their decision anyway. Although the decision hurts you to your bone, again, respect the decision and be strong to deal with it yourself. Face the decision, respect the decision and thrive to make your own decision which is to be a better person in the area of your concern. InshAllah.

 

Good Luck then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman