Me is also a human.

Part 1

People have limits.
The secret is to harmony is: not go beyond the limits.

Once, 
I did have faith on teachers,
yet today,
they proved me that I should not.

One day,
The day will come,
When either you or children will come to me and ask for help,
If it's not you,
Then it will be one of you.
Yes, I'm referring to a group of you.

And when the day comes,
Don't be surprised if I let you being humiliated,
Just the way you did it to us today.

We've been meeting a lot of people,
A lot of 'kafir' (the words you always love to use),
But guess what?
The 'kafir' is far off better than you,
They play professionally and value the efforts that others have put in.

Part 2

You say, 'hal yang tak baik dipengaruhi oleh tamadun barat',
But how can you be affected from tamadun barat if you never been there?
Funny isn't?

Media? 
So you are blaming the media?
You're the one who switch (some teachers call it 'swift' here) on tv and choose hallmark rather than hijrah,
So who's to be blamed?

For you,
Budaya barat means 'sexy clothes' but have budaya barat ever ask you to wear those?
For you,
Budaya barat means seks bebas but do they teach you how to do that unless it's you who really wanna learn how to do that?
For you,
Budaya barat means not respecting elders but most Malaysians never ever have hold a door for an elder what else for a small cheeky little child?

If that's what tamadun barat means to you,
What is tamadun timur that you've closely followed means to you?

Class starts at 8.15 instead of 8,
So is that your tamadun?
You stereotype people publicly,
So is that your tamadun?
You don't respect elders,
So is that your tamadun?
You don't consider others whilst making a decision,
So is that your tamadun?

It's fine if you don't really understand the 'tamadun barat' because you've never been there,
But don't say things you don't really know about it.

Dont get me wrong,
I'm not a 'tamadun barat' fan,
But since I've been there,
Everything that I do here is considered as bad (Oh, biasalah. Orang belajar oversea mmg macam tu),
But the reality is, I am much affected by the environment here.
I have changed a lot since I touched down.
I've lost myself.
I've lost the love to read me,
I've lost the like to apologise me,
I've lost the eager to help me,
I've lost the happy me,
I am very frustrated but who knows?

I show up late to class everyday. Why?
Because that is the culture here.
If I turn up early, I'll waste a lot of time chatting nonsense and waiting for the lecturers to come in.
I criticise people publicly. Why?
Because that is the culture here.
I have limits and people here love to go beyond the limits. So what do you expect me to do?
I refuse to read. Why?
Because that is the culture here.
Every detail that is not being taught during the lecture is considered as wrong. So there's no point of doing extra reading when what you'll get at the end is an X.
It is very disappointing,

There are times when I stop and reflect.
  • Have I changed too much? 
  • Haven't the people changed?

Seriously, I miss the UK. I miss the people and I miss the environment. Believe me, once you got there, you wouldn't want to get back to Malaysia. I now can provide reasons on why a lot of Malaysians choose to stay abroad after they are done with their studies.

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman