Depression

Recently, I went to the university library to borrow some books for my leisure reading. And then I picked up some books on depression because I believe that there are too many students who are suffering from depression attending schools every day. So, due to the fact that there is a high possibility for me to deal with the 'depressed' students, I think that it is a wise decision to understand their problem by doing some reading. So currently I'm reading this book: 



As always, reading always makes me feel amazing because:
  • I discover a lot of interesting facts;
  • I find my new interests; and
  • I understand human more.


I'd found this poster on the net. It is quite interesting that the poster has a woman in it instead of a man. Though this is just a poster which aimed at spreading awareness of depression, based on my reading, I suggest the poster has a woman in it because:

[...] experts in mental health and related fields point to evidence that depression is most probably the problem among women and that depressed individuals are prominently female. Stoppard, 2000, p.3

More, I am amazed to know that, 'having female personality traits s though to increase susceptibility to depression in women.' (Stoppard, 2000, p.12).


;)
Jadi,

Come on women! Let's fight depression for our own good.


Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman