The P word

Here I learn to separate personal life from professional life in order to maintain professionalism. Giving either phone number or details of your social network page is consider as inappropriate and may harm your professionalism.

At first I thought that these are nonsense. I thought culturally, Malaysians are different from the British thus I considered that something which are inappropriate in the UK might be appropriate in Malaysia.

Yet, through FB I am able to observe how world is doing. Unfortunately, I find the opposite. The incidents that happen to some of my friends and some outsiders make me vow that I'll never share my private life with my students in the future. I agree that it is not appropriate for students to know how good or bad our personal life is as it may alter their perception of us.

You work hard to make people respect you, but your carelessness makes your hard work disappears. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman