Ask and Doa.

Sebelum membaca entry ini, ingin ditekankan bahawa saya bukanlah alim ulama' dan penulisan ini merupakan pandangan diri sendiri hasil daripada pembacaan dan penelitian diri sendiri.

One of the principle to success underlines by Canfield in 'How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be' is to ask. In his book, there are many inspiring stories about the power of asking.

Now, I am going to focus on the word 'ask' as it may give a lot of benefits to those who dare to ask. After conducting a small investigation about this word, I find out that there is a relationship between ask and doa. Take a look at the definition of the word ask and one'll find that ask also means to make request and to demand something. At the same time, doa can be defined as the same. This blog explains on the definition of doa.

When I was eagerly sitting for UPSR, I remember some teachers mentioned about DUIT which is
Doa
Usaha
Ikhtiar
Tawakal
The first element mentioned is doa. I know what is doa, but in my context, I had never been too serious about it. Instead of really doing it for my own good, I did it because it is what people do after they perform their prayer and obviously because my mom asks me to do so *well. I told you I'm not an alim ulama'. This happens because no one has ever told me about the power of doa yet the main problem is, it is me who never takes time to treasure its great significance. Now since I realise the power of doa as well as asking, I urge my readers to be more serious with both of the above.

Excerpts from the book:

Dont assume that you are going to get a no. Take the risk to ask for whatever you need and want. If they say no, you are no worse off than when you started. If they say yes, you are a lot better off.
p. 199
Just get used to the idea that there's going to be a lot of rejection along the way to the brass ring. The key is not to give up. When someone says no, you keep on asking. Why? Because when you keep on asking - even the same person again and again - you might get a yes.
Kids understand this success principle perhaps better than anyone. They will ask the same person for the same thing over and over again without any hesitation. They eventually wear you down. 
p. 202
From quran about doa:

Dan apabila hamba-hamba-Ku bertanya kepadamu tentang Aku, maka (jawablah), bahwasanya Aku adalah dekat. Aku mengabulkan permohonan orang yang berdoa apabila ia memohon kepada-Ku, maka hendaklah mereka itu memenuhi (segala perintah) Ku dan hendaklah mereka beriman kepada-Ku, agar mereka selalu berada dalam kebenaran.

(al-Baqarah 2:186) 
Maka di antara manusia ada orang yang berdoa: “Ya Tuhan kami, berilah kami (kebaikan) di dunia,” dan tiadalah baginya bahagian (yang menyenangkan) di akhirat. Dan di antara mereka ada orang yang berdoa, “ Ya Tuhan kami, berilah kami kebaikan di dunia dan kebaikan di akhirat dan peliharalah kami dari siksa neraka. Mereka itulah orang-orang yang mendapat bahagian dari apa yang mereka usahakan, dan Allah sangat cepat perhitunganNya.            
(al-Baqarah 2: 200-202)


In my personal point of view, I personally think that the people in the West are indirectly glorified the power of doa by using the word ask. So as a Muslim, let's do our job. Raise up your hand and sincerely ask from Him.


"Mohonlah (mintalah) kamu kepada-Ku, pasti Aku perkenankan (permintaan) kamu itu."

But, if you fail to get what you wish for, please bear in mind that:
Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu, padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi (pula) kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu; Allah Maha Mengetahui, sedang kamu tidak mengetahui.  
(al-Baqarah 2: 216)
Kita merancang, Allah SWT juga merancang tapi perancangan Dia adalah jauh lebih baik dari perancangan kita.

Selamat beramal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman