The Man with Two Brains.


I was reading 'Out of Our Heads' when I found out about a film entitled, 'The Man with Two Brains'. My prediction about the film was it might be an inspiring film which I could learn a lot from it but it turned up differently.

I learned nothing but laughing. It's about a horny neurosurgeon, Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr (Steve Martin) and his obsession with a disembodied brain. 

However, after I watched the film, I refer to the explanations given by Noe about the film. Only then I realise that it is me who fail to understand the underlying messages of the film. 

These are the comments written by him:

  • We inhere in our brains. What makes us the kind of things we are - beings who can feel and reason and think and see - is accomplished in our bodies by our brains. (p. 11)
  • Wittgenstein wrote that it is only of what looks and behaves like a person that we say it sees, thinks, feels. The problem with a brain is that it doesn't look and behave like a person. (p.12)

After all, I think the film is a worth-watching film. At least, it makes me think about something. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman