Dear Mom.

She was 22 when she got married and 23 when she gave birth to a baby girl (it's me!).
Today, I am 22 but to get married is out of my plan.

Before, I thought about getting married at an early age, 24 at least.
But then, after being brainwash by my mom, it drives me to make some adjustments
: I'll only think about getting married after my 25th birthday. (By then, I'll have my degree and I may be on the right track to go to the next level of my profession. *ceh. cikgu je pon padahal ;p)

My mom lived in a hardship which prohibited her from achieving any of her dreams.
Poverty resulted her to pay attention on gaining money and surviving in the rapid development of the world.
She realised the importance of knowledge and education but without enough money, everything seemed to be impossible.

Mom always reminds me things about life, hardship and education.
Every time she tells me stories, she informs me about her unaccomplished dreams.
She declares me as a fortunate child who has the ability to study well without having to think anything but success.
She mentions that if she were to have such wealth which I have today, she might be someone successful but such things don't happen to her.

As a child, I feel a need to make my mom's dreams come true. If it isn't me who want to make her smile, who else?
It's not only about a mom's dreams but also a father's desire.
I am the eldest of four.
When I was young, mom patted my back and said, 'You have to be a good example for your brothers'.

I work hard to accomplish the dreams of my parents and to be a good example to my siblings.
Everything that I do today is for them. I always wish that one day, mom will be proud of me.
I wish one day I'll become someone better than she has ever dreamt about!
;p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parking Lot

Use Malay (L1) instead of English (L2) in English Lessons?

Nadia Anjuman